Musings...

I have my Nepal/Tibet trip booked.

It’s not until April 2008… keen, I know, but the prices are obviously better the earlier you book.

My uncle H will be joining me. It feels great to write that. We have been talking about trekking around Everest for as long as I can remember. I used to wonder if it would ever happen, if we were just dreaming, just hoping. Maybe we were. Yet here I am, 4 months away from my dream trip, wallet several pounds lighter but somehow more at peace.

We will be taking in many great sights, trekking to Everest Base Camp, heading through Lhasa, the Dalai Lama's former home, and visiting many monastaries, villages and lookouts along the way. In the immortal words of the Fresh Prince, "That's what I'm talking 'bout!".

It’s been a hard couple of weeks; it’s nice to have something like this to look forward to.

Speaking of looking forward, in 15 days I head back to Texas. I’m a proud Australian, I love my country, I love all its idiosyncrasies, I accept its faults and defend it to my last breath… but if Texas ever becomes a Republic I’ll be first in line to take the pledge of allegiance…

I saw The Kingdom last night. Great action movie, and surprisingly quite a few good observations. Still haven’t finished Obama’s book… I’ve decided to take my camping back to Texas so I can fill it up with books; it’s surprising how expensive books are here.

Speaking of which, I have finally started writing a book. I’m hoping to have it finished in the next 50 to 100 years. We’ll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings in August...

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Kosovo...