Coming Home...

My flight leaves in 9 hours. I'm headed back to "civilisation"... make of that word what you will.

It's getting harder to hide my anticipation; spending time with my family is certainly rare enough as it is, but this year feels special somehow...

I feel like I say this every year, but it's been tough. We lost my Grandmother, I graduated (finally), I grew up... well, a little at least.

I know the new year has much in store, but that doesn't worry me. Actually, in many ways it is quite reassuring to be able to see what awaits around the corner, rather than spend time worrying about it.

Our target budget for this financial year has increased yet again, three times in three months for those of you keeping score at home, so I will be working while on my Christmas break. There's the website to retool and update, 3 grants to apply for, 2 urban projects to write proposals for, a new contact list of over 60 names to contact, 7 NGOs to approach for partnership plans, 2 potential National Ambassadors to court and only 9 months left of my posting here in Bangladesh.

No sweat.

I hope.

Christmas already. Time just seems to be picking up speed as the years go by... here's hoping the next 33 hours until San Antonio pass just as quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...