Dealing with it...

It’s raining today.
Sometimes heavily, sometimes just drizzle, but quite constant.
I came home this afternoon to more work; our monthly services account was due… and we’ve only been here for 2 days…
The gas no longer works… after 1 day…
The washing machine… what a nightmare… an hour to fix the tap…
The internet service they are offering is awful… and very very expensive. So I asked the building manager, who doesn’t speak English, to refund our deposit and not bother… he then informs me that the 6000 taka we gave has been divided between him and the “house agent”, so he can’t refund it all until the agent gets back to town after Eid…
To top it all off, I’m going to have to pull an all-nighter because of all the work I have to do in a very short period of time…

And yet, I’m still happy to be here. So far.

Update, 9pm.

It’s torrential now.
The streets here flood after only 5 minutes of rain; the effect of these last 2 hours of rain is starting to worry us…
We’ll see what the morning brings…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...