New Apartment, New Job, New Challenges...

There's a hole in my wall.

Granted, it's where the air conditioner is supposed to go, but I already busted this month's budget just on fans and a bed, so an a/c is completely out of the question. The hole does pose a concern, however; mosquitos, ants, spiders, and last night a tiny albino iguana, often come to visit, have a chat, shoot the breeze...

We don't have any furniture yet, nor curtains, nor internet... but we do have mosquito nets (essential).

Work is amazing. I was so nervous coming into this position, unsure of what would be required of me, so now knowing my position (Resource Development Associate) makes a big difference. My duty statement involves identifying donors, securing funding, establishing working relationships with local and international organisations, and examining the potential for further programs throughout the country, and if time permits, establishing those programs.

My colleagues are wonderful. Very warm and accomodating. Calling each other brother and sister is the norm, a wonderful cultural aspect I have been a fan of for years.

My CEO is a very open, honest and well-travelled person. Everyone here is very keen to send me around the country visiting our field sites.

There are so many things to work on in the next few days, it's going to be quite hectic, however my fellow AYAD's and I are planning a trip to the Sunderban (spelling?). Bengal Tigers, that's all I'm saying.

Who would've thought I would end up here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...