Maths...

Here’s some math.

I make about $22AUD here per day. That’s net, not gross. After 25 years I have finally realized I have other financial responsibilities. Finally.

Of that $22, I need to put aside almost $7 for rent. I also pay $1 a day for my rickshaw driver. That leaves me with $14 per day. Of course food, household expenses, cleaning products, telephone credit and the odd taxi or CNG (motor-powered rickshaw) to other suburbs takes out about $8 per day. Most of that is the cost of groceries. That leaves me with $6 per day to spend or save.

Doesn’t seem like much at all… however after all my expenses, I’m still making 300% more than the average Bangladeshi… which is a gross misrepresentation, because the “average” Bangladeshi here is on $1 or less a day, meaning I’m over 600% better off financially…

It doesn’t end there. My roommates and I have completely blown our startup budget getting everything from fans to furniture. Not to mention paying bond for our apartment, which equates to the cost of a Habitat for Humanity house in this country.

And I’m only a volunteer…

Just before I go; I spend half of that $6 on DVDs, and another dollar on the fee at the basketball court.

Yes, they charge me. No, they don’t charge anyone else.

No, I don't mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay In The Arena...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...