The best laid plans...

I had planned to sit and write about my trip to Sonargoan.

I had planned to describe playing cricket with 30 or so local children in the middle of the solitary street running through Pan City.

I had planned to depict the scenery, the smells, the trip, the weather, the experiences… but today none of that seems to matter.

Bangladesh was hit by a cyclone yesterday. The death toll is at 2000, with significantly more than that missing.

The office is in crises mode. I am hosting our Donor Recognition Ceremony this afternoon, so details need to be finalized… however we are also coordinating with other agencies to respond to this latest disaster.

The only good news is that early reports indicate our houses have withstood the cyclone.

It's going to be a long week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Seeing it for the first time...