Little things...

I'm worn out.

It's the end of another working day, and I can't wait to get home and crash on my couch.

I had a big loss today, affecting 100 families... but there's no time for regrets, I have to work harder and find a way to get a win back for this program.

My workload is really hectic. This is the first job I have ever had where there is no downtime, at least none that I can see.

Having said that, I don't feel like I'm being overworked. In fact I have just volunteered to work at an orphanage during the weekends I won't be travelling. It is a medium-sized orphanage, with about 200 children, just north of Dhaka. The manageing director lives right above me, and is good friends with my CEO. This is a very small expat community...

A wonderful little boy walked home with me yesterday. He barely came up to my waist, was thin as a rail, but his smile was radiant. I handed him my basketball, and he just dribbled, well, attempted to dribble, next to me all the way back to my apartment. He didn't ask for money, he didn't try to steal the ball, he didn't ask me to buy him clothes, he didn't ask for food... he just walked home with me, playing with my basketball, then waved goodbye from the gate and walked away...

Little things. It's the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...