Making A Mess Of It...

Since I've been here I've received emails asking how to donate directly to Habitat for Humanity Bangladesh...

Short answer? You can't.

The NGO Affairs Bureau prohibits/limits money coming into the country and its people... the Ordinance is here.

Hence why I only mention transfers directly to me or cheques to your local Habitat Office with a letter stating where you want the money to go...

The language in the ordinance is fairly severe... so technically I can't buy a ticket for a Bangladeshi friend using my credit card, which is from an account overseas...

Although the case may be made that its purpose is to stem corruption, that particular and unfortunate trait of developing countries doesn't seem to be disappearing from Bangladesh anytime soon... Click here for the articles.

As a side note, that's not the only issue we face here... some of them perhaps more absurd than others... Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Seeing it for the first time...