Ramblings...

I am completely drained, physically and mentally...

We lost the Grand Final last night. It's only the second time I have ever felt the referees decisions influenced the game...

At work, all my predictions about the shortcuts coming back to haunt the organisation are coming true... it's an unnecessary pressure and distraction to have, while at the same time attempting to continue all the good work we are engaged in...

University work has also taken it out of me this week... we have had sporadic internet connection, as well as increasingly frequent blackouts, so I am forced to stay awake until 1 or 2am when the power comes back on in order to get any work done...

And yet, on the upside...

Random strangers are recognising me in the street from basketball... my team and I seem to have become minor celebrities...

My colleagues are seeing value and importance of accountability and procedure, and are becoming quite proficient at it... having said that, there is a lot of work left to be done... I'm not entirely convinced there is much of a "sustainability" aspect to the work we do here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...