A Thin Line...

On Friday my team won another tournament.

After over 12 hours of basketball, the Big Bangs once again held up the Championship Trophy. And then we had ice-cream at Movenpic...

The next day, some of us went swimming at the American Club, while others had iced lattes and spent the day playing Monopoly. That evening, we discussed the logistics of the next tournament we would host.

Later on, I organised my study for the week, cleaned up a little, wrote some emails to send in the morning, and read through one of the books I picked up a couple months ago, only to drop it after an hour and watch Cloverfield.

It's so easy to be "normal" in Dhaka... and yet...

The same day as the tournament, violent protests injured over 200 people.
Clashes continued yesterday.
Meanwhile, the infamous Rapid Action Battalion was back in form.
Our electricity supply continues to deteriorate.
We've been called in to a "security briefing" at the High Commission.
My visa is still MIA, even though the Special Branch of the police has quizzed my colleagues about me.
My neigbour was mugged outside my apartment building.

It's a strange world I live in at the moment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...