Ramblings...

I’m sitting on my bed in my “mini-apartment”, as Aara calls it.  The sheet, pillow cases and cover are a gold and burgundy print, the bed shell itself a black metal composite…

There is no bedside table, but rather a single chair in the same black metal, with a gold and red cushion.

I have 4 plants in my room, a couple next to the door, a couple next to the balcony.  Facing the bed is my mini-couch and table, where I work and study… it’s currently covered with books and magazines… Giving, by Clinton, naturally, is at the top of the pile… the GQs and Esquires are a nice surreal touch.

Above the couch is one of my favorite pieces; a world map I picked up in Texas… no, Texas isn’t a Republic on this map, although I have the Texas flag strategically placed just below it…

The map is a nice reminder to keep everything in context; there still remains a big world out there, even though sometimes it may seem small…

A picture of my mother and one of my father take place of honor opposite the entry door.  I have had those pictures for as long as I can remember…

The landlord kindly installed a cupboard in my room before we moved in; prominently displayed on the top shelf are, of course, my Jordans… if you’re not sure what I’m referring to, please Google “Sneaker Freak/ Sneaker Addict/ Jordans”…  For those that know, they’re the Jordan 2-4’s in navy and white…

My little balcony is fantastic; despite requiring daily cleaning because of the dust and pollution, it allows me to sit outside and read in the morning before heading to work… the little coach outside is just big enough to scoot into, feet up on the balcony ledge…

Recently I’ve been a little down in my posts… so to those who have been concerned, please don’t be… though I often write of the challenges, my life here is far from disastrous… I eat like a King, my allowance money being enough to cover not only groceries, but also splurges once a week or so on pizza, Japanese and even beer…

The socializing here is quite extensive; on Thursday nights the Australian club is the preferred hangout for expats, so once a fortnight I try to drop in.  There are parties, dinners and special events happening all the time, not to mention the amazing amount of basketball I’m playing again, both between coaching at 2 different schools, as well as at our local playground.

So it's not all sad and challenging... besides, I didn't come here expecting 5-star luxury...

Blogged with Flock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay In The Arena...

Ramblings in August...

Kosovo...