Capacity Development...

My room-mate Jez pointed out that the term is no longer "Capacity Building", rather "Capacity Development"...

Nope. Sorry guys, in a lot of situations, there is nothing to develop, it has to be built from scratch...

My mother made an interesting observation yesterday; she said that she reads my blog and sometimes can't believe that it's me... I know what you mean, Mom. After everything I've been through I finally find myself "in the field", doing what I love...

Hard to believe just a year ago I was working 3 jobs, trying to finish a second degree, not really sure where I was headed in life, despite all my goals and ambitions.

Now I am living and working in a third-world, developing country, in a position that requires all the skills I've learned both in school and on the streets, from writing to analysis to problem solving to project development and management... and perhaps most of all, hustling... who would have thought learning how to track down phone numbers and people through working at clubs could become so useful...

I like to believe that the path we take in life is the one we choose, but it is becoming apparent that the purpose of much in life only becomes clear in retrospect...

I'm tearing up my office today, literally... it just doesn't cater to the work we do and the numbers of people we bring in everyday... of course, when I say I, I really mean someone else... see, in Bangladesh, if you are of a certain social class, or a foreigner, you don't do anything yourself... not your own cleaning, your own washing, certainly no basic carpentry or even changing a lightbulb... very frustrating, but also amusing at times...

Never thought I would miss Home Depot so much...

Blogged with Flock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Seeing it for the first time...