Closing In...

It’s frustrating to see the end in sight.

There is so much left to do, both with my organization as well as my team… we just had a planning meeting at work, and it feels as though nothing was accomplished in the last 11 months…

That’s difficult to deal with.

I know I’ve contributed; how effective that contribution has been will remain to be seen, yet the feeling that I could have, should have perhaps done more is starting to get to me… hindsight can be a blessing and a curse…

I’ve been drama-free for 11 months… the sudden onset of drama this month is only adding to my frustration…

It’s hard to keep the reigns in on my desire to drop the maturity and just start swinging… I better play some ball tonight to calm down… sometimes you just feel surrounded by idiots, you know?

Why do so few people take other's feelings into consideration? Why is honesty supposedly so valued yet so often ignored until it's too late?

Why the heck does this hand still hurt so much? (Speaking of Reggie Miller, Seiji, you should've seen the game that this hand was injured in... we're talking classic screen-curl jumpers, jawing with the sideline, an incredible win... like pacers-knicks all over again...)

Anyway.

Stumbled across this story late last week; SHOES AND BASKETBALL

The pictures HERE have stayed with me all week...

This is what it's all for.

This is what it's all about.

Somehow it all makes sense in sports. The hard times, the painful moments, those instances which force you to question every instinct that there is some redeeming benefit in living this life just seem to be more manageable, more bearable, more irrelevant with sports...

Those times do not last; no time does... sports make you realise how precious then those good moments are...

Speaking of time... MAKING TIME STAND STILL...

That feeling of responsibility though...

It just never seems to leave...

Comments

Seiji san said…
the four year old boy asking the dude "'Pray for someone to love me"... priceless!!!

Dope article bro, love the ending with the coach opening the box full of kicks :)

If you ever get involved in a scene like that, I`ll drop anything to be involved!

Popular posts from this blog

Speech to Campbell High Year 10 Graduation...

Ramblings in August...

Seeing it for the first time...